Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2016/09/05 00:15:08 UTC

[ACCUMULO] New committer: Francis Chuang

All,

I'm happy to welcome Francis as an Apache Calcite committer. This is in
recognition of Francis' continued contributions to the project, most
notably in support of the development and stability of Avatica. Francis
has been a great source of help for Avatica, reporting numerous issues
discovered through the development of a Go-lang client for Avatica.

Francis, feel free to introduce yourself to the community and include
some words about yourself if you'd like. We all look forward to your
continued (and hopefully increased) involvement in the project!

- Josh (On behalf of the Apache Calcite PMC)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Francis Chuang

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Francis, Thanks for introducing yourself. I (and I know other members of the PMC) have been impressed with what you have been doing “outside” of the official Calcite/Avatica/Phoenix projects — not least a steady stream of well-considered, well-documented JIRA bugs and feature requests, and email threads. By getting our projects out into the real world you are playing a hugely important role in our community, and we wanted to recognize that. Of course if you want to contribute code directly to Calcite/Avatica we would love that too. Welcome!

Julian

Re: [ACCUMULO] New committer: Francis Chuang

Posted by F21 <f2...@gmail.com>.
Hey everyone,