Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jeff MAURY <jf...@scort.com> on 2001/09/17 16:27:56 UTC

String encoding

Hello,

I has the problem yesterday with AXIS Alpha1:
let 's image a bean as a property of type string and value is 'My value
' (two trailing spaces).
Because the XMLUtils doesn't handle space specifically, the two spaces
will be present in the XML stream but on the server side, the last one
will be stripped. Is there something I'm missing ?
Another remark, because the java.lang.String allows any character to be
present (\0 being an example), what the encoding will look like ?

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY