Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Karthik Palani <Ka...@laurusis.com> on 2014/09/01 12:11:58 UTC

Delta-Spike for Production

Hi Deltaspike Team,

We have developed two products which were built on Seam Framework 2.3. We are going to develop a new product and wanted to know if we can build it on Apache deltaspike.

1)      Is Apache Delatspike Production ready with the 1.0.2 release? If No is there time frame?

2)      Are there any projects that is already running in production with deltaspike?

Looking forward for the response.

Regards,
Karthik

LEGAL NOTICE: Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please delete this e-mail and inform the sender immediately. Laurus Infosystems (India) Private Limited, with its principal place of business at Plot No. 100-101, Export Promotion Industrial Park, Whitefield, Bangalore 560066.

Re: Delta-Spike for Production

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

This has been covered a lot before. Around 0.3 incubating when this was
discussed people already agreed that it was OK for most. People who were
very afraid of API changes waited for 1.0. Since 1.0 the goal is to be
backwards compatible. Of course anything can happen that requires API
changes but that's just software for ya.

I have many apps for different companies in production. It's been really
stable. Some features had bugs when they came out but this is before 1.x.
Also for me personally response time with workarounds and help has been
very, very nice. In mars I compiled the following graphic:

https://twitter.com/KarlKilden/status/441534550540562432

Conclusion is you should use it for a new project.

cheers / Karl

Posted by "l.penet@senat.fr" <l....@senat.fr>.
On 01/09/2014 12:11, Karthik Palani wrote:
> Hi Deltaspike Team,
>
> We have developed two products which were built on Seam Framework 2.3. We are going to develop a new product and wanted to know if we can build it on Apache deltaspike.
>

> 1)      Is Apache Delatspike Production ready with the 1.0.2 release? If No is there time frame?
>
> 2)      Are there any projects that is already running in production with deltaspike?
I use it in production.

1.0.2 works well, including key features added lately, such as the
@ViewAccessScoped .

Regards,

Ludovic

Re: Delta-Spike for Production

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

DeltaSpike is really stable and more battle-tested as CODI.
I ported all my apps to DS a half year ago and i had no problems.

DeltaSpike works also fine in combination with e.g. PrimeFaces and special
features like partial submit etc.

Regards,
Thomas

Posted by Rainer Schön <ra...@gmail.com>.