Posted to user@ode.apache.org by jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> on 2007/10/16 11:03:23 UTC

Problem with XML Manipulation

I have an XML doc that is moving through the ODE
engine, BPEL and getting processed to invoke a endpoint.
I need to be able to search through the XML and move
a field, or fields to other fields and or add additional
fields.  For example,  ( see xml below) I want to take
the value of the order tag and insert it to the today
tag, to replace the "Null" value.
Here is a XML snippet, that I never know exactly
waht it may contain..  It is simply a list of tagged data.
TIA

<xml>
<coffee shop> Imen Hoover Coffeeez </coffee shop>
<Locale class=coffee.record.data>  transaction 99 </Locale>
<message>
      <coffee> Seaqttles Best </coffee>
      <tea> Izbazean special </tea>
      <order> star Bux </order>
      <flavor > Expresso </flavor>
      <today> Null </today>
</message>
</xml>

Re: Problem with XML Manipulation

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 10/16/07, jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> wrote:

> Everything is UNIX on the systems Im working on so I need a solution that
> wont lock me to platform, no windoz products.
> Thus far I have been using XSL and doing so very well as long as I conform
> to my schema.

Personally, I use jEdit 4.3 quite a bit for manipulating XML.   It has
decent plugins for XPath, XSLT and good support for XML editing overall.

alex

Re: Problem with XML Manipulation

Posted by jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net>.
Where can I go to see some examples.