Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian McQueen <mc...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/11 18:36:23 UTC

pre-fork hook

Related to the other thread.  I don't see a hook that can be used to
get something going before the fork.  How can I get the server to do
something for me before the fork?  I think I can do what I need from
the children by getting the parent_process and using its pool, but I'd
like to do it only once, and have it stored where the children can get
at it, like having a ptr in each server config to the shm location.
BTW its already using shm and semaphores, but its outside of Apache.
I'd like to move it to within Apache to eliminate a clumsy external
dependency.  I'd like the shm init stuff to occur once, when the
server  starts, and before any children are forked.

Brian McQueen

Re: pre-fork hook

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Wednesday 11 October 2006 17:36, Brian McQueen wrote:
> Related to the other thread.  I don't see a hook that can be used to
> get something going before the fork.  How can I get the server to do
> something for me before the fork?

Well, the post_config hook is available.  Or for system-ish things
related to the children and the scoreboard or other shm, a
pre_mpm hook might serve.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/