Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by sc...@ask.be on 2005/04/18 10:17:31 UTC

Problem with headers and footers in beta 1.2.9

Hello,

Last week, I downloaded the new 1.2.9 beta version and I started to convert one of my projects in order to use it.

But, now, as announced in the Breaking Changes list, C style escape sequences are not supported any more.

So far so good, but... With the previous versions, in the Header and Footer parameters, I added \\\"\\\\r\\\\n\\\" at the end of the line in order to avoid the first line of the log to be appended to the header line.

Now that C style escape sequences are not translated, I cannot find how to force a new line at the end of the header line.  (I tried to add %newline as it can be done in the ConversionPattern, but, as I could expect, it doesn't work because there is no pattern interpretation in the Header and Footer parameters.

Therefore, is this a bug or is there another way to do it ?

By the way, congratulation for you excellent work. Log4net as already saved me hours of work. It's so easy to integrate it in a project !

Stephane Corteel
Technical and R&D Director
ASK sa
www.ask.be