Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by r_s <ro...@trivadis.com> on 2021/05/20 15:09:59 UTC

Partitioned cache behaviour when saving the same key on different nodes

Hi all,

I am trying to understand what happens in the following situation:
I have a partitioned cache that is accessed via the IgniteRepository from
org.apache.ignite.springdata22.repository. Now I realized, that it might
happen that two nodes will call the save method on the repository with the
same key but different value objects. We can expect that the key is not
present in the cache yet. What is the expected behaviour of the cache in
this situation? Will the nodes hold the conflicting data on different
partitions until they are somehow synchronized?

Re: Partitioned cache behaviour when saving the same key on different nodes

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

For every key there is a primary node. Both puts will happen on that node
in some order.

Please see
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/data-modeling/data-partitioning

Ilya Kasnacheev