Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Emmanuel GIRARD <eg...@axemble.com> on 2001/07/03 13:34:57 UTC

[Velocity event]

Hello,

I've a strange problem :
I'm using velocity with jakarta-jetspeed and velocity actions don't run.
this message is writging in velocity.log : [error] Context.put() : Context
value was null! Key was: keyname
Renderings are Ok but events not.

Thanks for all
E. Girard

Re: [Velocity event]

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Emmanuel GIRARD wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've a strange problem :
> I'm using velocity with jakarta-jetspeed and velocity actions don't run.
> this message is writging in velocity.log : [error] Context.put() : Context
> value was null! Key was: keyname
> Renderings are Ok but events not.

A few terminology questions :

when you say 'event', I assume you mean something like

$keyname

I ask because there is something we refer to as events, but they are a
little more advanced, and I want to be sure.

I don't know much about jetspeed (isn't that Turbine based?).  Do you
specifically add things to the context via something like

context.put("keyname", object );

?

geir

System and Software Consulting