Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by octoberdan <da...@october5th.net> on 2006/07/31 21:29:06 UTC

Accessing managed beans of other requests

I have two requests, one for a jsf page and one for a servlet. From the
servlet I want to access certain managed beans thate exist within the scope
of the jsf page request.

I'm using AJAX to accessing values in a backingbean...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Accessing managed beans of other requests

Posted by octoberdan <da...@october5th.net>.
Would using saveState work?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
That is the definition of session state. Just mark those certain beans
as session scope. Or iin you JSF code, put the data you need into the
HTTP session object so the servlet can access it.