Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it> on 2007/08/02 16:42:24 UTC

Broken Web Site?

Hi all,

Are you still moving the Web Site? Otherwise it means that something
went wrong because it looks like to be broken :S

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

Re: Broken Web Site?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Aug 2, 2007, at 20:09 , Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I can have a look at the downloads.html over the weekend.

Cool, I should have some more spare time then too! :)

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Broken Web Site?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Marcel Offermans wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2007, at 18:53 , Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Stefano Lenzi wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Are you still moving the Web Site? Otherwise it means that something
>>> went wrong because it looks like to be broken :S
>>>
>> Ah, yes - you're right - there are still absolute urls for the css. Can
>> we make everything relative?
>
> I'll have a go at it! :) It might involve a bit of trickery as the auto
> exporter tends to convert some relative links into absolute ones, but
> I'm sure I can work around that.

Great and thanks Marcel.

I can have a look at the downloads.html over the weekend.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Broken Web Site?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
> Ok, I update our downloads page to include the mirror stuff. I replaced
> the {download} macro with a new {downloadmirror} macro which should
> create the correct links.
>
> Most of the stuff is working (the mirror selecting) but unfortunately
> confluence generates absolute links for the downloads and also escapes
> the brackets - so currently the links are broken.
>
> Has anyone a good idea how we can fix this?

Ok, I wrote I small script replacing these after the export, but this
currently runs not automatically - so whenever we change the downloads
page, we have to rerun the script until we have a better solution.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Broken Web Site?

Re: Broken Web Site?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Marcel Offermans wrote:

> For now I made those links absolute, but pointing to the right absolute
> URL. That should fix the site as soon as it's rsync'ed again.

Great
> I'll look into making everything relative later, but I don't think it's
> too important at the moment, unless we keep moving the site around. As
> soon as we start distributing parts of the site, this might become an
> issue again.

I hope we will not move the site again :) (Although it's a little bit
fun changing the name each week...)

But I think it would be cool if we could have relative paths - because
this would allow us to easily package the documentation into a
distribution, or to export it to somewhere else etc.
But it's not that important right now.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler