Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Rajeswari Raghunathan <ra...@crayondata.com> on 2014/03/26 07:06:27 UTC

upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.6

Hi,

I want to upgrade my syncope from 1.1.4 to 1.1.6 version. is there any
simple way to convert directly instead of 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 and 1.1.5 to 1.1.6.

When we are upgrading the version, where should we change the file.
before we build the war file or after we build the war files (files in the
deployed folder)

Thanks,
Rajeswari

--

------------------------------

<http://crayondata.com/?utm_source=emailsig>      <https://www.facebook.com/crayondata><https://twitter.com/CrayonBigData><http://www.linkedin.com/company/crayon-data><https://plus.google.com/+Crayondata1><http://www.youtube.com/user/crayonbigdata>
www.crayondata.com <http://crayondata.com/?utm_source=emailsig>

<http://bigdata-madesimple.com/?utm_source=emailsig>
www.bigdata-madesimple.com<http://bigdata-madesimple.com/?utm_source=emailsig>
------------------------------

 Finalist<http://www.code-n.org/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/131210_List_Top_50_EN.pdf> at
the Code_N 2014 Contest <http://www.code-n.org/cebit/award/> at CEBIT<http://www.cebit.com/>,
Hanover - the only big data company from Asia.

This email and its contents are confidential, and meant only for you. Views
or opinions, presented in this email, are solely of the author and may not
necessarily represent Crayon Data.

Re: upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.6

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 26/03/2014 07:06, Rajeswari Raghunathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to upgrade my syncope from 1.1.4 to 1.1.6 version. is there any
> simple way to convert directly instead of 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 and 1.1.5 to
> 1.1.6.
> When we are upgrading the version, where should we change the file.
> before we build the war file or after we build the war files (files in
> the deployed folder)

The simplest procedure is to:

  1. apply source changes from [1]
  2. apply source changes from [2]
  3. rebuild
  4. stop the JEE container running Apache Syncope 1.1.4
  5. perform internal storage changes via SQL (from [1])
  6. redeploy / start again the JEE container

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Upgrade+from+1.1.4+to+1.1.5
[2]