Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/03/04 20:10:06 UTC

[Fwd: MINA bug lists]

Soory, this was sent to the directory ML by mistake ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Fwd: MINA bug lists]

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Ashish wrote:
> Should we vote for issues in JIRA and prioritize them for RC1?

A vote should not be necessary, we just need a consensus, I think...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Fwd: MINA bug lists]

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Fwd: MINA bug lists]

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:10:06 +0100,
Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> a écrit :

> Soory, this was sent to the directory ML by mistake ...

I think we don't mind if they fix some ;)

Here my POV :

2.0.0-RC1 issues :

Bug  DIRMINA-604 Deadlock occurs when implementing two mina
StateMachine Bug  DIRMINA-632 WriteFuture.awaitUninterruptibly()
or .join() hangs if write() throws Exceptions

since stateMachine is not tied to MINA, I go for no-no and think we
need to remove this module for 3.0, except we use it for some codec
framework.

Bug  DIRMINA-539 NioDatagramConnector doesn't takes the TrafficClass
value set to his DatagramSessionConfig
need to take a look, so fix it

Task DIRMINA-575 Add the missing Javadoc, add some comments Blocker
not precise enough let's delete it

Task DIRMINA-477 Update page about differences between 1.x and 2.x
definitively todo, we need to check this page for mistake, but
documenting every API change is a bit hopeless due to the massive
changes

Task DIRMINA-32  Revise JavaDoc, PPT, and Tutorial
Tutorials are fine now, I hope we will have a new preso for
ApacheconEU soon ? So we can kick the old ppt.

Task DIRMINA-612 Add documentation on SingleSessionIohandler
If someone know what is that thingy ok, else delete the class and the
issue.

Impr DIRMINA-594 Javadoc & documentation for APR transport
Yes definitively todo

Impr DIRMINA-593
Javadoc & documentation for org/apache/mina/filter/reqres
Boring but todo..

Unscheduled issues :
Bug  DIRMINA-650 Mina server does not recieve all data sent by client
using SSLSocketFactory
Never used SSL, but looks serious.

Bug  DIRMINA-666 HTTP header parsing example incompatible with
rfc2616 / content-length field name should be interrepted as
case-insensitive
Asyncweb issue, done no ?

Bug  DIRMINA-588 High CPU Usage in AprIoProcessor
APR isn't much usable in prod actualy, todo, but no blocker for 2.0

Bug  DIRMINA-634 IllegalStateException: Already released Buffer in
SSLFilter messageSent()
No much opinion about SSL, but looks serious

Bug  DIRMINA-419 about the Proxy example
Old, very old non 2.0 bug

Bug  DIRMINA-379 setKeepAlive/setTcpNoDelay and exceptions in Windows
Vista
Can we really do something here ?

Bug  DIRMINA-596 Sessions generated by NioSocketConnector cannot
be closed in time (within MINA2.0 M1,M2)
looks fixed no ?

Bug  DIRMINA-642 Disposing an IoConnector blocks forever
To fix, serious

Bug  DIRMINA-647 WriteFuture.isWritten() never returns true even when
data is actually sent on the serial port using serial transport
Fixed

Bug  DIRMINA-646 More than required data sent on serial port through
serial transport
Fixed

Bug  DIRMINA-651 Data Race in
org.apache.mina.core.session.AbstractIoSession

Bug  DIRMINA-653 IoSession.write not thread-safe? Loosing messages
under heavy multi-threaded write on same session.

Bug  DIRMINA-659AccessControlException when running MINA in a Applet: RuntimePermission
"modifyThread" Impr DIRMINA-509 DatagramConnector.connect() is slow
compared to connect() with java.net.DatagramSocket

Impr DIRMINA-572 Add Spring support for Mina statemachine
no-no

Impr DIRMINA-601 Add sendfile support to transport-apr
no-no for 2.0

Impr DIRMINA-301 New Multi threaded SocketIOProcessor to improve
fairness of socket reads/writes
no-no

Impr DIRMINA-616 New release.xml file
just need to fix those double files in tarball issues

Impr DIRMINA-237 Improve Spring integration
no-no

Impr DIRMINA-166 Common internal messages that can be shared by filters
and transport implementations
no-no

Impr DIRMINA-657 SSL Filter and IoHandler.
Impr DIRMINA-371 Annotations to document concurrency
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-453 Multiple IoServices for one java.nio.Selector
no-no just use the same IoService..

Feat DIRMINA-68  Automatic reconnect configuration for client channels.
no-no, very difficult to add in MINA logic without impacting API & core
deeply

Feat DIRMINA-485 SCTP Transport based on APR (Apache Portable
Runtime)
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-23  New transport type: non-NIO sockets
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-484 Datagram transport based on APR (Apache Portable
Runtime)
there is something already.. need to clear this issue

Feat DIRMINA-423 Read-write ratio configuration for
SocketIoProcessor
no-no and pure bullshit..

Feat DIRMINA-424 Automatic read-write ratio
configuration
no-no extra-pure-bullshit..

Feat DIRMINA-128 IoSession.shutdown(TrafficMask)
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-499 Bindings for Scala
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-258 Example of an XML server and Client.
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-389 Create a Connection Throttle Filter
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-500 Cache for encoded messages.
no-no-no-no

Feat DIRMINA-655 Add a more general purpose text based decoder
no-no

Feat DIRMINA-196 Connection shaper
no-no

Task DIRMINA-643 Remove Xbeans from MINA
YES! YES! we need to kill that module