Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/07 11:55:16 UTC

Restriction on svnmucc targets in same repository?

Is there any restriction on svnmucc targets which can appear in a batch script?

I assume that all targets must be in the same repository, but are
there any further restrictions, e.g. must they have the same initial
root directory path?

I ask this because I am getting the following:

svnmucc: E175013: Access to '/.../!svn/rvr/98024' forbidden

The script is equivalent to:

put
file.txt
top1/file.txt

mv
top2/d1/file2.txt
top2/d2/file2.txt

top1 and top2 are different top-level root folders in the same repository, i.e.
svn info root/top1 gives the same UUID as svn info root/top2

Sebb

Re: Restriction on svnmucc targets in same repository?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
sebb wrote on Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:55 +0100:
> Is there any restriction on svnmucc targets which can appear in a batch script?
>
> I assume that all targets must be in the same repository, but are
> there any further restrictions, e.g. must they have the same initial
> root directory path?
>
> I ask this because I am getting the following:
>
> svnmucc: E175013: Access to '/.../!svn/rvr/98024' forbidden
>
> The script is equivalent to:
>
> put
> file.txt
> top1/file.txt
>
> mv
> top2/d1/file2.txt
> top2/d2/file2.txt
>
> top1 and top2 are different top-level root folders in the same repository, i.e.
> svn info root/top1 gives the same UUID as svn info root/top2

There are no restrictions other than "in the same repository".
However, if you edit both ^/top1/foo and ^/top2/bar in the same
revision, the edit drive will be rooted on ^/, and it's possible you
need 'w' access on ^/ in the authz file for that to work.  (See
«svnauthz accessof»)

And of course, check the server logs for hints.