Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com> on 2008/01/21 14:21:25 UTC

Adding a module

Hello,
I have added a module to doxia for formatting muse content, a long standing
issue (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-74), at least for me. The
problem is that it does not work: module compiles, but the site plugin
cannot find it. I have created a small IT project which shows the problem,

Are there any particular caveats to do this ?

Best regards,

Arnaud Bailly

Re: Adding a module

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
Hello to all,
Thanks to lot of luck and a bit of spare time, I found the "bug" which
prevented my module from being loaded. The SiteModule instance contained the
following plexus declaration:

@plexus.component role="org.apache.maven.doxia.site.module.SiteModule"
role-hint="muse"

which should be

@plexus.component role="org.apache.maven.doxia.module.site.SiteModule"
role-hint="muse"

This is a stupid error, but one which is hard to check without some support
from tools. It seems that it should be possible to check in the plexus
plugin that all declarations are correct be cause a role should reference a
known type, actually a type implemented by the annotated component,
something that is needed at compile-time. Is this something planned ? Should
I file  a bug ?

BTW, my apologies if I may have appeared somewhat rude, but this was a long
standing adn frustrating issue.

Best regards

Arnaud Bailly

Re: Adding a module

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
Hello,
I am pinging the list about this issue. It seems to be related to some DI
with plexus, or at least that's what I can infer... I tried changing
packages to org.apache.m.d.module.muse but this did not change anything. I
may be doing something in my code, or in my pom,or in the plexus
descriptors. What is really puzzling is that this used to work when the code
was embedded in doxia-core, months ago.

Thanks for any bit of time in looking this, I am pretty sure this is
something obvious my eyes cannot catch.

Regards,

Arnaud Bailly

Re: Adding a module

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
Hello Juan,
Yes, I have already seen this and I put a test in my project containing
exactly your code snippet, but with my module added and it does not work
(more precisely, twiki parsing is ok, not muse parsing).

Thanks for answering anyway

Arnaud

Re: Adding a module

Posted by "Juan F. Codagnone" <ju...@zauber.com.ar>.
On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Arnaud Bailly wrote:
> Anyone ? I really need this working.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Arnaud

I wrote some instructions to use  the twiki plugin with maven site. May be
it's help full:
   http://juan.zauber.com.ar/2007/10/28/maven-site-twiki

--
Buenos Aires, Argentina                         26°C with winds at 29 km/h ESE

Re: Adding a module

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.