Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nelson Copeland <ne...@warmspirit.com> on 2003/05/20 02:12:52 UTC

Problem with Tomcat

I am new to this list and to Tomcat in general.  Let me start by setting the
scenario.

I have a website, running on a Cobalt linux Raq 3 server,  that was working
fine until our host company decided to take the server down to do some
reconfiguration including changing our IP address.  Now when I bring up our
site, I can get the main page, index.jsp, to display and any other pages
that are straight html or jsp pages.  I cannot however bring up any page
that executes a java servlet.  I never get a message back, it just looks
like the browser is trying to find the page.
Another problem which may be related and may also give someone some insight
into what may be the problem is that after I bring up Apache-ssl and tomcat,
linux keeps starting more instances of both until there are so many running
that no pages will come up in the browser.
 Anything anyone can tell me will be greatly appreciated....

Nelson