Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> on 2007/04/27 10:06:32 UTC

Raw Sockets

Hi,

I would to know if anybody is intereseted in a implementation of raw
socket transport for MINA ?

That would give the possibility to send/receive raw ethernet frames for
example manipulating non IP protocols (like ICMP, ARP and other
prorietary things), monitoring ATA over ethernet streams or simply
ethernet frame captures.

I would like to use this lib :
http://www.savarese.org/software/rocksaw/ (Apache licence v2 if you
wonder :)

Julien

Re: Raw Sockets

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
whoops, wanted to say "or"
Excuse my french, for this profanity :)

Re: Raw Sockets

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Re: Raw Sockets

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/07, peter royal <pr...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Julien Vermillard wrote:
> > I would to know if anybody is intereseted in a implementation of raw
> > socket transport for MINA ?
> >
> > That would give the possibility to send/receive raw ethernet frames
> > for
> > example manipulating non IP protocols (like ICMP, ARP and other
> > prorietary things), monitoring ATA over ethernet streams or simply
> > ethernet frame captures.
> >
> > I would like to use this lib :
> > http://www.savarese.org/software/rocksaw/ (Apache licence v2 if you
> > wonder :)
>
> That'd rock! Go for it!

+1 :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: Raw Sockets

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Apr 27, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Julien Vermillard wrote:
> I would to know if anybody is intereseted in a implementation of raw
> socket transport for MINA ?
>
> That would give the possibility to send/receive raw ethernet frames
> for
> example manipulating non IP protocols (like ICMP, ARP and other
> prorietary things), monitoring ATA over ethernet streams or simply
> ethernet frame captures.
>
> I would like to use this lib :
> http://www.savarese.org/software/rocksaw/ (Apache licence v2 if you
> wonder :)