Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/19 07:01:43 UTC

Please Review: Client Installation Guide Web Book

Hi Folks,

I've ported the Client Installation Guide from Microsoft Word to asciidoc.
This allows us to provide documentation as a web page, PDF, etc.

Please download the Web Book from:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTYWhHWWN2ckVXV2M

Unzip the file and open the Web Book by clicking on the index.html file.

NOTE: This is a port to enable future contribution. Thus, I have NOT
provided Windows 10 instructions.

I'm working on generating a PDF file next. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that both
Trafodion developers and users can glance through the web book to get a
general feel for the format and to verify things such as links.

Gunnar

Re: Please Review: Client Installation Guide Web Book

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Again,

I figured out the images issue (use .jpg, not .png) and cleaned up the
documentation. I just created a pull request for the new version but if you
want to preview what the .pdf file and the web book looks like, then please
refer to: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTc1VQRWJfMm9hZzA

Trafodion_Client_Installation_Guide.pdf shows the generated .pdf version.

site/index.html shows the web book. The fonts and colors represent my
proposal for standardization of all Trafodion guides in web book format. If
accepted, then we should move the DCS and REST guides to this stylesheet,
too. The font choices are more inline with the website but I choose the
same font for headings and text since the web-site font requires a
separate, slower download.

Thanks,

Gunnar

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Again,

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've ported the Client Installation Guide from Microsoft Word to asciidoc.
> This allows us to provide documentation as a web page, PDF, etc.
>
> Please download the Web Book from:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTYWhHWWN2ckVXV2M
>
> Unzip the file and open the Web Book by clicking on the index.html file.
>
> NOTE: This is a port to enable future contribution. Thus, I have NOT
> provided Windows 10 instructions.
>
> I'm working on generating a PDF file next. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that both
> Trafodion developers and users can glance through the web book to get a
> general feel for the format and to verify things such as links.

> Gunnar

Gunnar

Fwd: Please Review: Client Installation Guide Web Book

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've ported the Client Installation Guide from Microsoft Word to asciidoc.
> This allows us to provide documentation as a web page, PDF, etc.
>
> Please download the Web Book from:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxlwNhWxn8iTYWhHWWN2ckVXV2M
>
> Unzip the file and open the Web Book by clicking on the index.html file.
>
> NOTE: This is a port to enable future contribution. Thus, I have NOT
> provided Windows 10 instructions.
>
> I'm working on generating a PDF file next. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that both
> Trafodion developers and users can glance through the web book to get a
> general feel for the format and to verify things such as links.

> Gunnar

Gunnar