Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2003/01/22 20:34:26 UTC

Fwd: New Jakarta proposal: Pluto

Are all of you on the General list? Interesting discussion going on
there concerning the new Pluto project.
I agree with Costin, that all portlet activity should go through one
Jakarta project.
When IBM suggested making a new project called Pluto at Jakarta, I was
happy just to see it going into Jakarta.
Guess I don't feel too strongly against having 3 projects (Jetspeed,
Pluto, Charon), but it just seems more logical to have them all under
one main project.
They are all portal projects, and it can be confusing to users.
Perhaps /jetspeed/pluto, jetspeed/charon. What do you all think?

Also see the Wiki:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TalkPlutoProposal
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?PlutoProposal

Begin forwarded message:

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

RE: New Jakarta proposal: Pluto

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
> Are all of you on the General list? Interesting discussion going on
> there concerning the new Pluto project.
> I agree with Costin, that all portlet activity should go through one
> Jakarta project.
> When IBM suggested making a new project called Pluto at Jakarta, I was
> happy just to see it going into Jakarta.
> Guess I don't feel too strongly against having 3 projects (Jetspeed,
> Pluto, Charon), but it just seems more logical to have them all under
> one main project.
> They are all portal projects, and it can be confusing to users.
> Perhaps /jetspeed/pluto, jetspeed/charon. What do you all think?

You would have my vote on making these subprojects of jetspeed
(/jetspeed/pluto, jetspeed/charon) if only because "jetspeed" is already an
open source portal brand name and has an existing community built around it.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/