Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "prateekjainaa@gmail.com" <pr...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/13 09:45:58 UTC

cloud-native deployment

Hi All,

  How are you? I am trying to deploy artemis on kubernetes (k8s) cluster. I
would like to know if any of you can share any thoughts or experience while
doing similar tasks. Especially, if I choose this to be a statefulset; what
will be the impacts while monitoring and backup.

 My current approach is to create cluster (with shared persistence) and
stateful pods of artemis. I also looked at this project
https://github.com/artemiscloud but couldn't decide as that is based upon
the operator approach.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards
Prateek Jain

EXPECTATION : Causes all troubles......

Re: cloud-native deployment

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
        Hello again.

        As I said, we use JDBC persistence, and in a 2 instances
        configuration, the two brokers compete to gain the leadership on
        the DB lock table. The only special configuration of the broker
        is setting the JDBC datasource to reoplace the KahaDB default
        configuration.
        On the clients side (Camel routes in containrized Karaf
        instances and Java application, both as producers and consumers)
        the brokers access URL is something like
        "failover(tcp:amqservice1:port1, tcp:amqservice2:port1)" where
        amqserviceX and portX are defined by our k8s services and
        endpoints. Nothing more.
        We've tested with batches of more than 1 million messages, and
        all seems to be stable. Sometimes the leadership changes, but
        clients detect it and the failover do its job.

Ephemeris Lappis

--
Cet e-mail a été vérifié par le logiciel antivirus d'Avast.

Re: cloud-native deployment

Posted by "prateekjainaa@gmail.com" <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback, Ephemeris. Did you do anything special to avoid
split brain scenarios?

Regards,
Prateek Jain

EXPECTATION : Causes all troubles......

Re: cloud-native deployment

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Re: cloud-native deployment

Posted by "prateekjainaa@gmail.com" <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tobias,

 I have already looked at this project and I mentioned it in my original
email. Unfortunately, I don't see any commercial support (apart from
Redhat) around that project and documentation is not very good. I have got
enough information for now to proceed with my POC. In case you faced any
specific issues on cloud, that I should be aware of; please let me know.

AW: cloud-native deployment

Re: cloud-native deployment

Posted by "prateekjainaa@gmail.com" <pr...@gmail.com>.

RE: cloud-native deployment

Posted by Vilius Šumskas <vi...@rivile.lt>.
Hi,

check the mailing list archives. This question comes up regulary.

--
    Vilius