Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ahammad <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/13 22:45:22 UTC

RE: Nutch Training Seminar

I'm a bit late to this topic but I would be extremely interested in this.

If you still need topics to discuss how about plugin installation (probably
using the example that is in the Nutch Wiki). Otherwise everything you have
in mind is perfect for people that are just starting to use Nutch.

Thanks for taking time from your day to help out everyone else. I'm sure
everyone will apreciate it.

Cheers,

>>> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
>>> the following:
>>>
>>> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
>>> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
>>> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
>>> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
>>> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
>>> 6) Indexing and custom fields
>>> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
>>> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch

Re: AW: Nutch Training Seminar

Posted by Venkateshprasanna <pr...@yahoo.co.in>.
I would be interested too.

Please consider these topics as well:

1. The Nutch recrawl approaches. This seems to be an enigma as of now.
2. Nutch performance enhancement tips.

Regards,
VP.

AW: Nutch Training Seminar

Posted by Höchstötter Nadine <Ho...@huberverlag.de>.
Those topics are great!
I would like to add one single point:
Tuning Nutch
What do you think,
Cheers, Nadine.

This is really appreciable. A training seminar on these topics would be
highly useful.
Also, if you could add a code walk-through session to it, it will be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers.
Mayank.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:15 AM, ahammad <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit late to this topic but I would be extremely interested in this.
>
> If you still need topics to discuss how about plugin installation (probably
> using the example that is in the Nutch Wiki). Otherwise everything you have
> in mind is perfect for people that are just starting to use Nutch.
>
> Thanks for taking time from your day to help out everyone else. I'm sure
> everyone will apreciate it.
>
> Cheers,

Mayank Kamthan

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Posted by Mayank Kamthan <mk...@gmail.com>.
This is really appreciable. A training seminar on these topics would be
highly useful.
Also, if you could add a code walk-through session to it, it will be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers.
Mayank.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:15 AM, ahammad <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit late to this topic but I would be extremely interested in this.
>
> If you still need topics to discuss how about plugin installation (probably
> using the example that is in the Nutch Wiki). Otherwise everything you have
> in mind is perfect for people that are just starting to use Nutch.
>
> Thanks for taking time from your day to help out everyone else. I'm sure
> everyone will apreciate it.
>
> Cheers,

Mayank Kamthan