Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 00:47:52 UTC

stable HBase branch Was: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download

Renaming subject since the discussion may be long.

Allow me to quote Todd from another email thread:

bq. I think we should be especially conservative about adding even
non-invasive features to "stable" branches.

Since 0.94 is considered stable, should the above be applicable ?

Thanks

Re: stable HBase branch Was: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there seem to be two concepts here (as J-D said in his first
> email): stable release vs. stable branch.

Yeah.  You are conflating two applications of 'stable'; the 'stable'
symlink upper under downloads and releases that are from an old branch
and that should not be subject to destabilizing change.

> So how should we interpret this single stable symlink ?

Thats the release we as a community think folks should be using.

St.Ack

Re: stable HBase branch Was: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.