Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Joshua J Pavel <jp...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/01/26 18:13:21 UTC

Nutch + Solr ... looking for context around Hits in search display

Hello all!

We're changing things up and integrating our nutch crawls with a solr
frontend.  It looks promising, but I might be missing something.  I get
most of the fields with little/no worry - title, time, boost, etc., but I
have NO content or context for the search term.  With the nutch .war, we
would get a field that we could configure to display a set number of words
before and after the query word.  I seem to be striking out getting that
same behavior in solr.

Of interest might be: Nutch 1.2, solr 3.5, and we are currently using a
publishing system to put the crawldb on the solr server (they are different
than our Nutch servers) instead of using the bin/nutch commands.  It seems
to work fine, as it reads the number of documents and does return
applicable results.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Nutch + Solr ... looking for context around Hits in search display

Posted by Tanguy Moal <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hello Joshua,

Le 26/01/2012 20:40, Joshua J Pavel a écrit :

> I *believe* I did that correctly, this is from my solrconf.xml:
>
> <field name="content" type="text" stored="true" indexed="true"/>.
>
> Perhaps I'm querying solr wrong? Sample query:
>
> _http://testsite.com/solr/select/?q=<SEARCH_TERM>&fl=url,title,content&hl=true&hl.q=title,content&hl.fragsize=0_
> <http://test.australianopen.com/solr/select/?q=Murray&fl=url,title,content&hl=true&hl.q=title,content&hl.fragsize=0>

Yes I think you are using some arguments wrong : hl.q is used to specify
an alternative query (i.e. something related but different thant
<SEARCH_TERM>, see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.q).
The parameter to specify which field to highlight / summarize /
snippetize however :-) is hl.fl (
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.fl) , just  like
fl is used to specify which fields to return in returned documents.

Beware that the highlighted parts will not be inside the documents array
in the response node, but in an highlight node, where you'll reach your
snippet per document (using their id) and per field (if avalaible).

I found an example on that page : http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolJSON
which describes the JSON output format (which you can have by setting
&wt=json), as you'll see, you reach highlighting the same you get facet
counts.

I hope this helps.

--
Tanguy

For more information refer to

Posted by Joshua J Pavel <jp...@us.ibm.com>.
I *believe* I did that correctly, this is from my solrconf.xml:

<field name="content" type="text" stored="true" indexed="true"/>.

Perhaps I'm querying solr wrong?  Sample query:

http://testsite.com/solr/select/?q=<SEARCH_TERM>&fl=url,title,content&hl=true&hl.q=title,content&hl.fragsize=0

Josh Pavel

Phone: 919.601.7018
Email: jpavel@us.ibm.com
IBM Special Events Team

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>                                                                                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |user@nutch.apache.org                                                                                                                         |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Date:      |
  |01/26/2012 02:25 PM                                                                                                                           |
| Subject:   |

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.