Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2003/07/02 19:34:28 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/encoding TypeMa ppingImpl.java

Hi,
I don't know if you're missing something or not.  Probably not since you
know much more about Axis than I do.  I have free time today, so I will
work on a fix for the test breakage and a test case for auto-typing the
rest of the afternoon.  I will let you know as soon as I have something.

- Dan

AutoTyping Patch Explanation

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Basically this patch does three things:
1) Changes the namespace from http://xml.apache.org/axis/java to one
generated with the Namespace utils for auto-typed classes.
2) Instead of create serializers each time, it registers the serializers
with Axis for future lookups.
3) Localizes all the type-mapping related functions into getTypeQName(Class)

Classes are auto-typed on the conditions that auto-typing is turned on
and there exists no previously defined type mapping for the class.

Now, I believe Glen's question is how can you just throw everything into
getTypeQName and expect it to work?  I removed the auto-tying references
from getSerializer/getDeserializer. This isn't a problem for
getSerializer() because it calls getTypeQName directly.  However, it
does, as Glen pointed out, totally remove all direct reference to
auto-typing from the getDeserializer method.

Now why did I do this? :)  When a service is created which contains
types that don't exist, ServiceDesc.createOperationForMethod calls
getTypeQName before the service is up and running, thereby registering
the serializers before getSerializer/getDeserializer are ever called.

Knowing this, do you see problems with this approach?

- Dan

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Dims,
Thanks for checking this stuff in.  Hope it's useful for people beside
myself!
- Dan

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Dan,