Posted to pubscribe-dev@ws.apache.org by Gennady <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/08 18:51:59 UTC

Hermes Example

Hello,
Does anyone have any simple examples of hermes? For
example: simple event producer and simple java consumer.
Sincerely,
Gennady

Re: Hermes Example

Posted by Gennady <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Ian,
Thank you very much for the quick reply and very useful
information.
Sincerely,
Gennady

Re: Hermes Example

Posted by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org>.
Hi Gennady,

There is currently no tutorial included with Hermes; this is something
we plan to remedy very soon. However, the Filesystem example that will
be the basis for the tutorial is included under the docs/tutorial/
directory in the distribution.

For a more complete example that demonstrates a client subscribing to a
notification topic and then starting an HTTP listener that waits for a
notification to come in, download the Muse 1.0 Beta from
http://incubator.apache.org/muse/release.html and take a look at the
WSDM 1.0 Interop example applications under docs/interop/ in the
distribution. In particular, look at
src/java/org/everestWeather/wsdm/samples/x2005/x04/schema/WeatherstationResource.java,
which is a resource that is a notification producer; notice the code in
its init() method that initializes the topic space set and the last line
which initializes the three NotificationProducer resource properties.
For an example of a client that subscribes and then listens for
notifications, see
src/test/org/apache/ws/muws/interop/client/WebServicesMgmtTestCase.java,
which is a test client for the Weatherstation service.

Regards,
Ian