Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by Sachin Mittal <sm...@dhr.state.ga.us> on 2003/12/18 04:24:51 UTC

WSIFException

Hi
      My application  has to call a  .Net webservice . It is working fine
      when  I called through a client(using dynamic WSIF) on my machine(Windows)  that  is not behind the firewall
      But when I put it on the Unix box that  is behind the firewall I got the exception(Unable to find an available port)
      It seems a firewall issue but I am not sure.
      Earlier I was unable to  invoke the URL  on which webservice is running, but later they(firewall)
      open a port 443 for outbound request to invoke this URL which is working fine now
      But still I am getting follwing exception

      org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Port 'CWESPSoap' is not available and  no alternative can be found

      Here  is the code also

                      WSIFService service =  factory.getService(wsdlLocation,   null,   null, portNameSpace, servicePort);
                      java.util.Iterator it = service.getAvailablePortNames();

                     while (it.hasNext()) {
                         System.out.println("port");
                          System.out.println(it.next());
                       }

                  // get the port
                  WSIFPort port = service.getPort("CWESPSoap");    at // 1

                got exception as mention above . Also tried using default port  then exception message is Unable to find an available port
              I am woking through ssh on unix box

Please help me .

Regards & Thanks
Sachin

Re: WSIFException

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Sachin Mittal wrote:

> Hi
>       My application  has to call a  .Net webservice . It is working fine
>       when  I called through a client(using dynamic WSIF) on my
> machine(Windows)  that  is not behind the firewall
>       But when I put it on the Unix box that  is behind the firewall I
> got the exception(Unable to find an available port)
>       It seems a firewall issue but I am not sure.
>       Earlier I was unable to  invoke the URL  on which webservice is
> running, but later they(firewall)
>       open a port 443 for outbound request to invoke this URL which is
> working fine now
>       But still I am getting follwing exception
>
>       org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Port 'CWESPSoap' is not available
> and  no alternative can be found

hi,

what is full stack trace? is there an easy way to reproduce it (what is
your WSDL file)?

did you try to use AXIS http proxy related system properties? if it is
SSL related did you try to turn on SSL tracing that is available to see
what is going during SSL handshake?

alek