Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com> on 2015/09/03 02:16:13 UTC

JAX-RS looking for Glassfishes?

I built a simple prototype of a CXF JAX-RS web service with CXF 3.1.1
and Karaf 4.0.1 that worked great. So I moved on to flesh it out to
make a real application.

I think that I'm installing just the same features into Karaf, but as
soon as I try to return a response, I'm rewarded with the backtrace
below. Clearly I've got something confused, but, what?

ava.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.glassfish.jersey.internal.RuntimeDelegateImpl not found by
javax.ws.rs-api [46]
at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.findDelegate(RuntimeDelegate.java:152)
at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.getInstance(RuntimeDelegate.java:120)
at javax.ws.rs.core.Response$ResponseBuilder.newInstance(Response.java:848)
at javax.ws.rs.core.Response.status(Response.java:590)
at javax.ws.rs.core.Response.status(Response.java:601)
at javax.ws.rs.core.Response.ok(Response.java:622)
at com.basistech.ws.frontend.util.JsonResponseUtils.returnJsonResponse(JsonResponseUtils.java:59)
at com.basistech.ws.frontend.service.RaasRsPingService.ping(RaasRsPingService.java:60)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)[:1.8.0_05]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)[:1.8.0_05]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)[:1.8.0_05]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)[:1.8.0_05]
at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.performInvocation(AbstractInvoker.java:180)[75:org.apache.cxf.cxf-core:3.1.1]
at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:96)[75:org.apache.cxf.cxf-core:3.1.1]
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:200)[88:org.apache.cxf.cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs:3.1.1]

Re: JAX-RS JS client frontend

Posted by "Vjacheslav V. Borisov" <sl...@gmail.com>.
I am not like hierahical  interface generated by wadl-client
in Example wadl
https://github.com/rbelouin/wadl-client/blob/master/spec/swagger.js

with path segments (/test/dynamic/{param}) it leads to non-intuitive call
like
var res = client.test.dynamic._.get().withParams(["12345"]).send();

also looking on current version, it has major rewrite since,  now it does
not uses promises to dispatch results, but baconjs, which is doubtful
dependency

Re: JAX-RS JS client frontend

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for a link, this is quite interesting, having WADL XML converted
into Swagger JSON, no problems there except that I'm not sure if it can
cope with converting the XMLSchema grammars into JSON schemas, probably
unlikely ?
I linked to it from JIRA, but noted CXF can also optionally offer its
own WADL JSON representation - which keeps the same structure as WADL
XML, except that it expects equivalent JSON schemas be available as
server resources...
Either way, looks like if this frontend would work with WADL then we can
get that WADL processed as needed for JS client to operate

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: JAX-RS JS client frontend

Posted by "Vjacheslav V. Borisov" <sl...@gmail.com>.

Re: JAX-RS JS client frontend

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco

Thanks, I wish we did it earlier :-). I believe RestEasy did it awhile
back (though not sure what exactly it offers), though the idea of having
of a JS frontend in CXF is not new given that it is available for WS.
What really interests me here is the possibility to indicate (via WADL
extensions for example) that this given payload needs to be signed with
a given crypto algo and then the JS client will somehow link it with
WebCrypto API and sign, and the CXF server will use its JWS code (or
even JCS - on the map) to validate, and all is cool, the problem is
WebCrypto API is apparently not yet well supported by all browsers, but
I hope by the time we are ready to address enhancing our would be JS RS
client to do WebCrypto the browsers will be ready :-)

Cheers, SErgey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: JAX-RS JS client frontend

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: JAX-RS JS client frontend

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: JAX-RS JS client frontend

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
Serge, I'm here.

JAX-RS JS client frontend

Re: JAX-RS looking for Glassfishes?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Example, if you use Response only to set a custom error status then you
may throw WebApplicationException (or subclass) instead, likewise if you
use Response to add extra headers then equally you can do it in response
filters, etc, but as I said I'm not encouraging you to do it, just
mentioning it fyi given that having extra filters may have its own
(configuration) costs, etc...
Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin