Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Boyer <jo...@rodaxsoft.com> on 2014/10/11 04:20:44 UTC

FYI: Email Field Validator Always Fails in iOS 7 Safari Browser

Hi All:

We’re using the latest version of Struts 2 in production and we’ve found that the client-side XML email validator always fails in the iOS 7.1 Safari browser. We haven’t tested it iOS 8 yet. However, removing the email validation from the following XML solved the problem.

<field name="user.email">
	<field-validator type="email">
		<param name="trim">true</param>
		<message>Email address is invalid</message>
	</field-validator>
</field>

Incidentally, the XML email validator works fine in Safari for Mac OS X.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

John Boyer
rodaxsoft.com

Re: FYI: Email Field Validator Always Fails in iOS 7 Safari Browser

Posted by John Boyer <jo...@rodaxsoft.com>.
Thank you Lukasz. We started using the free Mailgun email validation service on our server because it checks for mistyped domains and performs other checks. Learn more at http://blog.mailgun.com/free-email-validation-api-for-web-forms

I’ve implemented a Java client for Mailgun’s email validation service and it’s available at https://github.com/johnboyer/mailgun-manager

John Boyer
rodaxsoft.com

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.