Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Gandhirajan Natarajan <Ga...@igate.com> on 2008/05/15 11:57:32 UTC

Regarding Webdav support in jackrabbit webapp1.4

Hi,

I have followed the instructions given on
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss .I was able to bring
up the jackrabbit and even I was able to access the repository via
webdav (version 1.2.3). But my only problem in webdav is that it is
invoking "DirListingExportHandler" instead of
"org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io.DefaultHandler" and hence the tiff
files are opening as a folder structure instead of downloading.(even
after making necessary changes in config.xml)

So as per the suggestion given by Angela, I jus thought of checking out
the webdav support by updating my jca.rar and webapp.war to version 1.4

But when I brought up my application in jboss and tried accessing the
repository via webdav, it throws "java.lang.IllegalStateException: The
repository is not available." But when I tried out with jca.rar 1.4 and
webapp 1.2.3, it works fine. So what am I doing wrong in webapp 1.4?? I
jus downloaded it from apache and made changes in web.xml as I did in
webapp1.2.3.

My console error trace is as follows:-

14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig] Configuration of BootstrapConfig
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiConfig:
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JNDIConfig@e83c97
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   rmiConfig:
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RMIConfig@e1ed5b
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   repositoryHome: null
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   repositoryConfig: null
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   class: class
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.BootstrapConfig
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   valid: true
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   repositoryName: jcr/local
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig] Configuration of JNDIConfig
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiName: jcr/local
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   class: class
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JNDIConfig
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiEnv: {}
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   valid: true
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiEnabled: false
14:56:48,580 INFO  [AbstractConfig]
14:56:48,580 ERROR [RepositoryAccessServlet] The repository is not
available. Check config of 'RepositoryAccessServlet'.
14:56:48,580 ERROR [RepositoryAccessServlet] The repository is not
available. Check config of 'RepositoryAccessServlet'.

Please advice me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Gandhi Rajan.N

iGATE is Ranked No. 3 in DQ-IDC best IT employer survey and Ranked No.6
by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross industry survey of Best Companies to work for in India
----------------------------------------------------------------DISCLAIMER---------------------------------------------------------
Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com
and delete this EMAIL including any attachments

RE: Regarding Webdav support in jackrabbit webapp1.4

Posted by Gandhirajan Natarajan <Ga...@igate.com>.
Hi angela,

Thanks for your response.

I have added the following init params for RepositoryAccessServlet
in web.xml as mentioned in the
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss

<init-param>
<param-name>java.naming.provider.url</param-name>
<param-value>jnp://localhost:1099</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>java.naming.factory.initial</param-name>
<param-value>org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory</param-value>
</init-param>

And my webdav functionality is working. I have also made the changes as
u said earlier in config.xml.i am attaching that for ur reference.And I
am running my application in jackrabbit1.4 (both jac.rar and
jackrabbitwebapp.war)

All I am trying to do is to bring up jackrabbit,add a tiff file in
default workspace and access it via webdav.i have followed all the
instructions mentioned in the link above and was able to add the file to
repository.

The webdav functionality is the one which I am left out and trying it.
And now when I am trying to access my repository via webdav, the trace I
am getting in my console is

20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig] Configuration of BootstrapConfig
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiConfig:
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JNDIConfig@8a6351
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   rmiConfig:
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.RMIConfig@17e8c5b
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   repositoryHome: null
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   repositoryConfig: null
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   class: class
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.BootstrapConfig
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   valid: true
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   repositoryName: jcr/local
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig] Configuration of JNDIConfig
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiName: jcr/local
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   class: class
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JNDIConfig
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiEnv:
{java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory,
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099}
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   valid: true
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]   jndiEnabled: true
20:52:54,205 INFO  [AbstractConfig]

20:52:54,236 INFO  [RepositoryAccessServlet] Acquired repository via
JNDI.
20:52:56,345 INFO  [jcr/local] Created session
(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl@7db430)

And my server access log is as follows:-

"GET /jackapp/repository/default/? HTTP/1.1" 200 430
"GET /jackapp/repository/default/HHProcess/? HTTP/1.1" 200 378
"GET /jackapp/repository/default/HHProcess/Original%20Image.tif/?
HTTP/1.1" 200 423
"GET/jackapp/repository/default/HHProcess/Original%20Image.tif/jcr%3acon
tent/? HTTP/1.1" 200 312

Please help me out in this. If you want to know more details, I am
always ready as I am desperately trying to fix this issue :(

Thanks & Regards,
Gandhi Rajan.N