Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Narendra Sharma <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/21 09:10:07 UTC

Different sort order for each SC

Hi,

Is it possible to specify different sort order for each SuperColumn. My CF
has 3 different SuperColums. They contain different type of data. Is it
possible to specify different sort order for eg TimeUUIDType for
SuperColumn1 and AsciiType for SuperColumn2 etc? If yes, can someone share
the syntax for this.

Version: Cassandra 0.7.0-RC1

Thanks,
Naren

Re: Different sort order for each SC

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
No, that's not possible.

You probably want three normal columnfamilies, not a single CF of
supercolumns.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra