Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Santosh Koti <Sa...@infosys.com> on 2006/07/04 17:23:26 UTC

how to access a properties file in geronimo

Hi all,

I have a xyz.properties file (say) which will be accessed in the
java/j2ee code , I want to put that in a classpath  & accesss the same,
anyways to do it...??

Do we need a dependency here...??  (But that is not advisable , with
versioning, that is required)

PS: I have tried dependency also, but it is not working..!

Any workarounds..?

Thanks in advance..!!!

Thanks,

Santosh.

Re: how to access a properties file in geronimo

Posted by pa...@targetgroup.net.
See here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@geronimo.apache.org/msg03535.html

so, to add in a properties file that must be in the root of a jar file,
stick this in your deployment plan

  <dependency>
      <uri>example/properties/1.1/jar</uri>
    </dependency>

and stick this is in your geronimo repository:

..........repository/example/jars/testproperties-1.1.jar

where testproperties-1.1.jar is a jar that contains your properties file.

This is for 1.0.

Same idea for 1.1 but the dir structure has changes, see here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40geronimo.apache.org/msg03795.html

Target
www.targetgroup.net

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com