Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by a b <au...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/03 02:07:01 UTC

properties file syntax

what does
${sys:user.name}
or
${env:user.name}
in a properties file mean? how is the default value for user.name set?

it
 looks like a shell variable substitution, but my reading of the man
page indicates the syntax to be ":+" or ":-" so i got confused.

thanks-

Re: properties file syntax

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
${sys:user.name} will pull from the Java system properties. ${env:user.name}
will pull from an environment variable named "user.name".

A.