Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chris Stillwell <Ch...@wcom.com> on 2001/03/01 16:48:50 UTC

Problem with get and usetimestamps

I am a new user to ant and was trying some of the examples.  When using the
following example from the user doc

<get src="http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/ant.zip"
   dest="optional.jar"
   verbose="true"
   usetimestamps="true"/>

I get the error:
Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get doesn't support the "usetimestamps"
attribute

Is this a bug or is the feature disabled? I would really like to be able to
make use of the "usetimestamps" attribute.

Chris Stillwell

Re: Problem with get and usetimestamps

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
> I am a new user to ant and was trying some of the examples.  When using
the
> following example from the user doc
>
> <get src="http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/ant.zip"
>    dest="optional.jar"
>    verbose="true"
>    usetimestamps="true"/>
>
> I get the error:
> Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Get doesn't support the
"usetimestamps"
> attribute
>
> Is this a bug or is the feature disabled? I would really like to be able
> make use of the "usetimestamps" attribute.

It's a (documentation) bug and it's fixed in Ant 1.3. Use
'usetimestamp="true"' (without the 's').

Nico