Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Sebastien Lorquet <se...@lorquet.fr> on 2021/11/30 14:52:50 UTC

MTD partition check error

Hello

new board has a new flash part that is smaller than the previous one.

however without changing the rest of my code, the creation of a
partition that is too large for the new small device was accepted.

I noticed that erase sector numbers were compared to write blocks
(calculated specifically for this)

This is wrong and I submitted a pull request

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/4920

I also did this email because I think that the mailing list does not
represent the amount of changes that happens in the repository.

Millions of code changes are applied each day, leading to unpleasant
surprises, while the mailing list is too calm.

I will soon submit a MTD agregation driver that works like raid0 and
creates one MTD device from several small ones.

Sebastien

Re: MTD partition check error

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 9:53 AM Sebastien Lorquet <se...@lorquet.fr> wrote:

> Hello
>
> new board has a new flash part that is smaller than the previous one.
>
> however without changing the rest of my code, the creation of a
> partition that is too large for the new small device was accepted.
>
> I noticed that erase sector numbers were compared to write blocks
> (calculated specifically for this)
>
> This is wrong and I submitted a pull request
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/4920
>

> I also did this email because I think that the mailing list does not
> represent the amount of changes that happens in the repository.
>
> Millions of code changes are applied each day, leading to unpleasant
> surprises, while the mailing list is too calm.
>

> I will soon submit a MTD agregation driver that works like raid0 and
> creates one MTD device from several small ones.
>

> Sebastien

Just to update this thread (can't let the mail list be too quiet, you know :-)

the fix is now in PR 4921:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/4921

Thanks for finding and fixing it!

Cheers,