Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tommy Skoglund <to...@live.no> on 2020/02/25 13:52:48 UTC

Bug with writer-document

Hi

Suddenly it is impossible to write any longer in my writer-document. Why? The document has been longer earlier. 150 000 word. Its a novel, and very important for me to fix the document. I have tried to copy latest 24 hours text mass into earlyer version, but the there still seems to be a maximum length, it stops and I can't write any longer. Seems to be some kind of "coding" to make that happened. I can't "neutralize" my document and fix the font etc again without ruining loads of bold and italic effects. So please help me asap. I also tried to duplicate document, reinstall Open Office, my Mac etc.

Regards
Tommy

Re: Bug with writer-document

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 2/25/2020 8:52 AM, Tommy Skoglund wrote:
> Hi
>
> Suddenly it is impossible to write any longer in my writer-document. Why? The document has been longer earlier. 150 000 word. Its a novel, and very important for me to fix the document. I have tried to copy latest 24 hours text mass into earlyer version, but the there still seems to be a maximum length, it stops and I can't write any longer. Seems to be some kind of "coding" to make that happened. I can't "neutralize" my document and fix the font etc again without ruining loads of bold and italic effects. So please help me asap. I also tried to duplicate document, reinstall Open Office, my Mac etc.
>
> Regards
> Tommy

Tommy;

You give us very little information to answer your question. We will
need the following information to try to help you.
1) what version of macOS are you using
2) What version of Apache OpenOffice® are you using both before and
after re-installing.

As you are not subscribed to this mailing list please reply only to
mailto:users@openoffice.apache.org

Regards
Keith

Re: Bug with writer-document

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.
CC to OP

On 2/25/20 8:52 AM, Tommy Skoglund wrote:
> Hi
>
> Suddenly it is impossible to write any longer in my writer-document. Why? The document has been longer earlier. 150 000 word. Its a novel, and very important for me to fix the document. I have tried to copy latest 24 hours text mass into earlyer version, but the there still seems to be a maximum length, it stops and I can't write any longer. Seems to be some kind of "coding" to make that happened. I can't "neutralize" my document and fix the font etc again without ruining loads of bold and italic effects. So please help me asap. I also tried to duplicate document, reinstall Open Office, my Mac etc.
>
> Regards
> Tommy

It sounds like a memory problem to me. It might be that you do not have
enough available free RAM to write any larger than 150,000 words. Under
Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org some where you can increase the amount
of RAM that is reserved for OOo to use. This also may be the problem.

You have written this email to a mailing list which means that everyone
who is a member of it saw your email. For that reason, any replies you
want to make needs to also to be addressed to this mailing list. Others
may provide additional help.

Dan

Re: Bug with writer-document

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 15:35:17 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> Important: where I wrote Ctrl Enter, that should have been Shift Enter.

I am informed that the problem was an oversized paragraph, containing Shift Enter markers rather than Enter.

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Bug with writer-document

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.