Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Robert Holmberg <po...@gnwmail.fi> on 1998/12/31 07:56:29 UTC

mod_cgi/3612: Scripts working in 1.3.0 give Premature end of script headers in 1.3.3

>Number:         3612
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Scripts working in 1.3.0 give Premature end of script headers in 1.3.3
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have a guestbook perl script, flexbook from www.cgiscrips.net. I ran it under
Apache 1.3.0 and everything worked fine. Then I upgraded to 1.3.3 pached it for with the three supported patches and compiled. Everything else works,
but not perl scrips. My guestbook processes the form, edits the actual guestbook, but when it's supposed to say something like "were ok" it displays this ugly 500 Internal Server Error instead.

I've read the F.A.Q - tested the buffer flushing without results.
The script works form the command line.
It correctly displays Content-type and an empty line before the html outbut begins. A test script doing nothing else than displaying a html text also fails in a similar matter.

I've been through the script, the FAQ, the flexbook FAQ and my config files many times and even recompiled apache. Will I have to downgrade to get this d**n script to work?
Umm.. I'm writing the homepage of a municipality (www.pohja.fi) but it won't be online until it's all done.
>Fix:
It's probably apache's way of reading stdin - or perls way to write stdout, but since the buffering stuff in the FAQ didn't work I have no clue.