Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by "Vadla, Karthik" <ka...@intel.com> on 2015/07/08 23:57:08 UTC

Zeppelin build failed with npm error

Hello All,

Suddenly I'm getting this error.
Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.23:npm (npm install) on project zeppelin-web: Failed to run task: 'npm install --color=false --proxy=http://proxy:8080' failed. (error code 1)

I have already installed nodejs and npm. And I have built other binaries previously.

With latest version of zeppelin from Git Hub I'm getting this error.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks
Karthik

Re: Zeppelin build failed with npm error

Posted by Illu Ying <il...@gmail.com>.
cd zeppelin-web
npm install

Posted by "Vadla, Karthik" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi All,

Still my issue is not resolved. I took the latest master copy of zeppelin and trying to build with Maven, still the build fails with npm error.

I just tried to run “npm install bower –g”
[cid:image001.png@01D0BA50.B7F5BE70]

Even this throws the error. I did configure my proxies in .npmrc file

Please look at log:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ 'node', '/usr/bin/npm', 'install', 'bower', '-g' ]
2 info using npm@1.3.6
3 info using node@v0.10.36
4 verbose cache add [ 'bower', null ]
5 verbose cache add name=undefined spec="bower" args=["bower",null]
6 verbose parsed url { protocol: null,
6 verbose parsed url   slashes: null,
6 verbose parsed url   auth: null,
6 verbose parsed url   host: null,
6 verbose parsed url   port: null,
6 verbose parsed url   hostname: null,
6 verbose parsed url   hash: null,
6 verbose parsed url   search: null,
6 verbose parsed url   query: null,
6 verbose parsed url   pathname: 'bower',
6 verbose parsed url   path: 'bower',
6 verbose parsed url   href: 'bower' }
7 silly lockFile 206e3ce5-bower bower
8 verbose lock bower /root/.npm/206e3ce5-bower.lock
9 silly lockFile 206e3ce5-bower bower
10 silly lockFile 206e3ce5-bower bower
11 verbose addNamed [ 'bower', '' ]
12 verbose addNamed [ null, '*' ]
13 silly lockFile 1240aab1-bower bower@
14 verbose lock bower@ /root/.npm/1240aab1-bower.lock
15 silly addNameRange { name: 'bower', range: '*', hasData: false }
16 verbose url raw bower
17 verbose url resolving [ 'https://registry.npmjs.org/', './bower' ]
18 verbose url resolved https://registry.npmjs.org/bower
19 info trying registry request attempt 1 at 13:56:57
20 http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/bower
21 info retry will retry, error on last attempt: Error: tunneling socket could not be established, cause=connect ECONNREFUSED
22 info trying registry request attempt 2 at 13:57:07
23 http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/bower
24 info retry will retry, error on last attempt: Error: tunneling socket could not be established, cause=connect ECONNREFUSED
25 info trying registry request attempt 3 at 13:58:07
26 http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/bower
27 silly lockFile 1240aab1-bower bower@
28 silly lockFile 1240aab1-bower bower@
29 error network tunneling socket could not be established, cause=connect ECONNREFUSED
29 error network This is most likely not a problem with npm itself
29 error network and is related to network connectivity.
29 error network In most cases you are behind a proxy or have bad network settings.
29 error network
29 error network If you are behind a proxy, please make sure that the
29 error network 'proxy' config is set properly.  See: 'npm help config'
30 error System Linux 2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64
31 error command "node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "bower" "-g"
32 error cwd /usr/local/new-zeppelin/incubator-zeppelin-master
33 error node -v v0.10.36
34 error npm -v 1.3.6
35 error code ECONNRESET
36 verbose exit [ 1, true ]