Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/20 16:37:50 UTC

Project Admin OOPS

My client had a project admin who thought he was deleting a project - but he
clicked on the delete project GROUP.

In under 2 minutes, they went from 113 projects to 74.

Is there some reason that there isn't a Confirmation/Warning box???

Should that be a feature request, or a bug report?

Louis

--
Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech

Re: Project Admin OOPS

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.
I think I'm in favor of the long listing of project names.  I'd rather make
the scope of what they are about to do overly obvious.

Let's see if any other users chime in here....otherwise, I'll put in an
enhancement ticket.

Thanks!

Louis

Re: Project Admin OOPS

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Brent Atkinson <ba...@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, if there are many projects it might be more manageable to list the
> number of projects.
>
> Such as:
>
> Are you sure you want to delete the project group "Multi Module Example" and
> the 27 projects it contains?

Oh, no, I want to make them scroll WAAAAY down so they have no excuse. ;)

Louis, IIRC we changed it so that project developers cannot delete the
group, only an admin could.  Does the person who did this have admin
rights?

--
Wendy

Re: Project Admin OOPS

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@apache.org>.

Re: Project Admin OOPS

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Project Admin OOPS

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@apache.org>.
Hi Louis,

Sorry that you lost work this way, we all know how frustrating this is. That
distinction probably isn't as important as just getting it into JIRA, but
personally I would call it an improvement. I think there's a category for
that in JIRA. If you can, describe or include screen shots of the screens
the user used to delete the group.

Brent