Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Andy Schlaikjer <ha...@cs.cmu.edu> on 2008/04/14 18:57:57 UTC

Collation support in OpenJPA?

I'm curious, does anyone know if OpenJPA makes use of java.text.Collator
or other collation routines?

What happens if you have an @Entity whose @Id is composed of a String
with non-binary collation on the database side? Does OpenJPA recognize
collation and make use of it when interacting with its entity caches?

I'm worried I might encounter a situation where multiple Java id strings
aren't equivalent in a binary sense, but are equivalent in light of
database collation rules. I looked back at the JPA spec but collation
isn't mentioned there.

Thanks,