Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2015/05/22 09:09:12 UTC

Are 80 columns really that challenging?

I mentioned this w.r.t. a 2.2 STATUS entry, that it is not a good place for
a long-winded dialog...

But when it comes to STATUS and CHANGES, come on... the project has an 80
col style (76 if you want to remain legible through svn diff and similar)...

I'd like to review, but AFAICT this isn't a proposal that has consensus to
be reviewed yet, and combined with untangling the formatting, I'm not about
to cajole either party in either direction, it isn't worth the headache.