Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Johnson <dj...@cornell.edu> on 2000/05/14 01:41:40 UTC

installing cocoon 1.7.3 under Tomcat 3.1

Hi,

I'm trying to install Cocoon 1.7.3 for use with Tomcat 3.1 on my windows machine.  I have gotten Tomcat to work, but Cocoon does not.  I am unable to load the default /Cocoon.xml, and I am unsure of whether or not I modified and installed the web.xml and WEB-INF folder properly, or if the context I made in the Tomcat admin is correct.  I also see an error in the tomcat.log file, including Class Not Found in init
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon . I dont know how to fix this because I have added the cocoon.jar to the classpath already.

David Johnson