Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jesse Beaumont <Je...@edina.co.uk> on 2004/06/04 10:22:21 UTC

Tomcat and IIS under SSL

Hi,

I'm still struggling with my SSL problem.  I have connected Tomcat and
IIS using the isapi_redirect and used IIS to handle SSL.  In this
configuration when I run load tests after a number of successful
requests suddenly errors start appearing (I am using JMeter).  The
client gets a ConnectException: connection refused exception and on the
server if I look in the isapi log I get a bunch of the following
messages:

[jk_ajp_common.c (1318)]: Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably
not started or is listening on the wrong port. Failed errno = 61

and

[jk_isapi_plugin.c (928)]: HttpExtensionProc error, service() failed

The first message is obviously not correct since tomcat appears to
recover again for a while afterwards.  I've been struggling with the
same problem for a long time now and am really stuck.  I have also tried
tomcat standalone, tomcat/apache2 (with JK and JK2).  I have also tried
various versions of tomcat (4.1.18, 4.1.30, 5.0.16 and 5.0.24).  The
problem only appears to occur over SSL though.  When using plain http it
works a charm.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jesse

--- Disclaimer ---

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by a Director of Edina Software, this communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please contact the sender immediately.