Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by John Lee <jh...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 11:05:25 UTC

HttpAsyncClient GA releases

Hi there,
I noticed that there was a recent release of HttpCore 4.2-alpha2 which seems
to contain changes for the HttpAsyncClient.
Is a GA version of HttpAsyncClient going to be created for the 4.1.2
HttpCore? Perhaps this is not coming until 4.2?
I'm working on a project at the moment, and I was hoping to utilize both
your HttpClient and HttpAsyncClient. I'm using HttpClient4.1.2 GA version
but not sure whether to use non-GA variant of HttpAsyncClient?
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
BRs //John.

Re: HttpAsyncClient GA releases

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 10:05 +0100, John Lee wrote:
> Hi there,
> I noticed that there was a recent release of HttpCore 4.2-alpha2 which seems
> to contain changes for the HttpAsyncClient.
> Is a GA version of HttpAsyncClient going to be created for the 4.1.2
> HttpCore? Perhaps this is not coming until 4.2?

There is no point porting HttpAsyncClient to HttpCore 4.1 API. HttpCore
4.2 will have to go GA before HttpAsyncClient 4.0 GA can happen.

> I'm working on a project at the moment, and I was hoping to utilize both
> your HttpClient and HttpAsyncClient. I'm using HttpClient4.1.2 GA version
> but not sure whether to use non-GA variant of HttpAsyncClient?
> Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I generally try to avoid non-GA releases myself. At the same time,
speaking from personal experience, software either works _for you_ or it
does not, and it makes no difference whether that piece of software has
been released as GA, BETA or ALPHA.

Oleg