Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Chris Stillwell <ch...@farecompare.com> on 2012/05/30 21:08:49 UTC

Custom input format class ignored

I am trying to run an existing mapreduce job as an oozie workflow job.  The
job uses a custom input format class which I specified in the workflow.xml
as below.  However, when running under oozie the job fails with an
exception and the diagnostice message indicates that the input has not been
processed by our custom input format class.  Are there any other properties
that would need to be set in the workflow.xml to ensure that our custom
class is actually used and not ignored.

                <property>
                    <name>mapred.input.format.class</name>

 <value>com.farecompare.atpcore.storageenginemodule.impl.hbase.util.ZipFileInputFormat</value>
                </property>

Thanks
--
*Chris Stillwell*

*Email: *chris.stillwell@farecompare.com
*FareCompare* <http://www.farecompare.com/signup>
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=18111+Preston+Road%2CSuite+800%2CDallas%2CTX+75252&hl=en>18111
Preston Rd
Suite 800
Dallas, TX 75252
*Phone:* (972) 755-1058 ext. xxx
*Web:* www.farecompare.com
*Find deals from your airport <http://www.farecompare.com/twitter> | Connect
with FareCompare on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/farecompare>*

Re: Custom input format class ignored

Posted by Chris Stillwell <ch...@farecompare.com>.
It turns out I had gotten a hold of a bad example.  The correct property
name to use is <name>mapreduce.inputformat.class</name> with no dot between
input and format.  It now works.

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Chris,