Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Rose <ch...@messagingdirect.com> on 2008/10/23 02:41:07 UTC

How do I create a saml_response_t from a string?

What is the correct method for creating a saml_response_t from a string?
  I have a SAML 1.1 response (and, probably, I'll have to do this with
SAML 1.0 as well, so if there's anything relevant there, I'd like to do
both).

I will have these as UTF-8 char* data.

How can I create a saml_response_t object from these, and ideally clean
up all of the xml processing bits after it?  I'm still a bit fuzzy on
memory management within Axis2/C and Rampart/C, so a detailed response
would be fantastic.

--
Chris Rose
Developer    Planet Consulting Group

Re: How do I create a saml_response_t from a string?

Posted by Chris Rose <ch...@messagingdirect.com>.
Let me amend my question to give a bit more detail:

I have a SAML 1.1 response from a service as a UTF-8 string.
I want to get a list of the assertions in that response, also as UTF-8
strings, preserving all of the signatures.

How can I accomplish this?  I believe that the process involves
deserializing the SAML response, iterating over its assertions, and
serializing those individually, but when I attempt to do so I am unable
to get the process to work.  If it makes a difference, I am using
saml_assertion_build to construct the assertion object, and
saml_assertion_free is issuing a segment violation when attempting to
free the saml_status part of the response.