Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net> on 2007/11/07 10:50:52 UTC

Building 2.1 - Tests fail

Dear list!

I just did a clean checkout of Maven 2.1 and tried mvn install.

Some tests fail; if I read the code correctly this is because there is a test which tries to use versions 2.2 and 2.3 of the maven-surefire-plugin in parallel, but for whatever reason, it fails to get 2.2 from the repository:

--- SNIP ---

[WARNING] Failed to load plugin: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin.
 Adding to late-bound plugins list.
Reason: Failed to load plugin. Reason: Unable to build project for plugin 'org.a
pache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin': POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-
surefire-plugin' not found in repository: Unable to download the artifact from a
ny repository

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:pom:2.2

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin

--- SNIP ---

After a 2nd round of thinking:

In my environment I need a special set of settings to get stuff from the public Internet repositories. I pass that on when trying to build maven by calling it:

mvn -s mysettings.xml install

Might the problem be that these settings are not inherited when the tests execute? Is there any way to make this happen?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Building 2.1 - Tests fail

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
Hi again!

 > Might the problem be that these settings are not inherited when the
 > tests execute?

I was able to confirm this. The issue seems to be the with
testTwoExecutionsDoNotCacheChangedData test in the MavenEmbedderTest class.

This test instantiates a Maven embedder to execute a project. But it
uses only the default configuration. So it will not use my custom local
repository and it will not use my proxy settings, which explains, why it
cannot retrieve that plugin. This also explains why the test still
failed after I manually downloaded that plugin into my local
repsository. The test execution is using a different reposioty.

Now I wonder what I can do about this ...

Is there any way to access the parent Maven Embedder from a JUnit test,
so I could inherit parameters? Can I set any environment variables so
the default config will find my settings.xml, which is not and cannot be
in $USER/.m2?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Regards,
Torsten