Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Barrett, Colin (Dublin)" <Ba...@exchange.ie.ml.com> on 2000/07/18 17:53:28 UTC

SETTING UP TOMCAT ON WINDOWS 95

I hope you can help me,
I'm a Windows 95 user and I urgently need to get Tomcat working stand-alone
on my PC.  I've downloaded the ZIP file 'jakarta-tomcat.zip' from your
downloads directory and I unzipped it to C:\ changing the 'jakarta-tomcat'
directory to 'tomcat' so it's at C:\tomcat\  I also have JDK installed on my
machine at C:\jdk1.2.1\

However I'm now lost and I would be forever in your debt if you could give
me step by step instructions for installing and running Tomcat as a
standalone on a Win 95 environment.  I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid
request but there doesn't seem to be anybody who can help me.

Thanks in advance