Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net> on 2004/05/28 18:49:08 UTC

Re: Subversion LAN server

Hi Werner,

On Friday 28 May 2004 16.04, Werner Mair wrote:
> Hello Jostein,
>
> I want to use subversion in a LAN network with the subversion server
> svnserve without appach webserver. So I downloaded svn-1.0.4-setup.exe
> and installed it. After I start svnserve -d in a dos window. But then
> there is know message or anything else, the cursor just stays there, I
> can not type in the dos window  anything else, I can just close it.
> But I am able to create an repository with svnadmin. The same
> situation I have with WIN XP Home and WIN 2000 Prof. Can you give me a
> tip what is the problem?

I'm not sure what the problem is because I don't use svnserve.

However, I guess that everything is all right. svnserve runs as a console
version under Windows, not as a service. That's why your console window
is occupied.

You may want to check out the following links in order to find a solution
where you can service wrapper (I hope that svnserve itself will run as a
service under Windows in the future):

  http://www.firedaemon.com
  http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=8078
  http://dark.clansoft.dk/~mbn/svnservice/

I'm sending a copy of this email to users@subversion.tigris.org. If I'm
wrong here, then someone will (hopefully) correct me.

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/