Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ian Grant <ia...@googlemail.com> on 2014/07/21 04:34:06 UTC

Problems downloading source distribution

I am trying to get subversion source. I followed the download links from
http://subversion.apache.org/download/#supported-releases which point me at
the mirror
http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache/subversion/subversion-1.7.17.tar.bz2 I
have downloaded both this and
http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache/subversion/subversion-1.7.17.tar.gz, the
former twice, and all three files have been corrupted somehow, though I got
no error from FireFix 30.0, which did the download.

Ian

Re: Problems downloading source distribution

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Ian Grant
<ia...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get subversion source. I followed the download links from
> http://subversion.apache.org/download/#supported-releases which point me at
> the mirror
> http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache/subversion/subversion-1.7.17.tar.bz2 I have
> downloaded both this and
> http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache/subversion/subversion-1.7.17.tar.gz, the
> former twice, and all three files have been corrupted somehow, though I got
> no error from FireFix 30.0, which did the download.
>
> Ian

Perhaps your local mirror has a problem?

Try http://apache.arvixe.com/subversion/subversion-1.7.17.tar.gz ,
which is what the geo-ip on that website points me to.

Re: Problems downloading source distribution

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Ian Grant <ia...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Perhaps you could mention the operating system y9ou're building this
on? Most modern operating systems have source packages, with config
files, that you can work from.

Fwd: Problems downloading source distribution

Posted by Ian Grant <ia...@googlemail.com>.
Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 7/20/14 7:34 PM, Ian Grant wrote:
> I am trying to get subversion source. I followed the download links from
> http://subversion.apache.org/download/#supported-releases which point me at the
> mirror http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache/subversion/subversion-1.7.17.tar.bz2 I
> have downloaded both this and
> http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache/subversion/subversion-1.7.17.tar.gz, the
> former twice, and all three files have been corrupted somehow, though I got no
> error from FireFix 30.0, which did the download.

I've downloaded them myself from that mirror and they come down fine and
validate both with SHA1 checksums and the GPG signature.

Sounds like some sort of local issue or an issue between you and the mirror.
I'd suggest trying a different mirror.  There is a dropdown box at the top o