Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pramodkumar Srikantamurthy <Pr...@webex.com> on 2012/03/27 08:22:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Help required to solve the error compiling the mod_cache.

Hi,

We are getting the following error when we compiled the mod_cache on the
unix server and try to load the same.

httpd: Syntax error on line 147 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `cache_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cache.so:
/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cache.so: undefined symbol: cache_module

                                                        [FAILED]

Apache version is 2.2.17

Used the command apxs -c mod_cache.c to compile and get the mod_cache.so

Can someone help me understand why this error is being generated.

Regard

Pramod

Re: [users@httpd] Help required to solve the error compiling the mod_cache.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Pramodkumar Srikantamurthy
<Pr...@webex.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are getting the following error when we compiled the mod_cache on the
> unix server and try to load the same.
>

> httpd: Syntax error on line 147 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Can't
> locate API module structure `cache_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cache.so:
> /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_cache.so: undefined symbol: cache_module

modules/cache/config.m4 says mod_cache.c alone is not correct.  Why
not run an actual build?