Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lehel Bernadt <bl...@hszk.bme.hu> on 2003/03/07 13:59:27 UTC

Empty page before break-before="page"

Consider this FO snippet:

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="CoverPage"
  force-page-count="odd">
[...Cover page...]
</fo:page-sequence>

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="ContentPage"
  initial-page-number="1">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
  <fo:block font-size="22pt" break-before="page"
                border-after-style="solid">
    Chapter Title
  </fo:block>

Now my problem is that FOP inserts an empty page (of type ContentPage)
before the "Chapter Title" block, because of the break-before
attribute. This is a bug IMHO, because it should take into account that
a new page sequence means a page break.

I tried it with XEP, and it works as it should, ie. without the bogus page.

The thing also happens in this situation:

<fo:block>
  <fo:external-graphic src="url(fig/ucase.svg)" />
</fo:block>

<fo:block font-size="22pt" break-before="page"
        border-after-style="solid">
  BlaBla
</fo:block>

The SVG ends at the end of the page, still a new empty page is inserted.

Re: Empty page before break-before="page"

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Lehel Bernadt wrote:
> Now my problem is that FOP inserts an empty page (of type ContentPage)
> before the "Chapter Title" block, because of the break-before
> attribute. This is a bug IMHO, because it should take into account that
> a new page sequence means a page break.

There is some code which should deal with this, apparently
it is broken. This means, you trapped a bug.

J.Pietschmann